This ingenious device
protects both freestanding or cabinet-mounted
fire extinguishers and other equipment.
Here is an inexpensive
yet highly effective way to protect fire
extinguishers and a wide range of other
fire fighting equipment from theft. The
device is compact, highly effective, and
extremely versatile. It does not interfere
with fire fighting in any way. Also, the
simplicity of design contributes to its
high degree of reliability.
How it works.
For cabinets housing a
fire extinguisher, fire hoses, sprinkler
shutoff valves, guns, medicine, etc. Mini
Theft Stopper is mounted next to the door
or in the cabinet and its reed switch unit
is mounted on the door jam. The matching
magnet is mounted on the door near it and
when the door is opened, the device sounds
a 105 dB warning horn.
For a freestanding
fire extinguisher or other freestanding
equipment, Mini Theft Stopper comes with
a special clip that can be used in several
ways. An extinguisher's pull pin may be
routed through the holes in both prongs
of the clip. The clip is then held in place
by the extinguisher's seal and when the
seal is broken to use the extinguisher,
the alarm sounds. The steel clip can also
be placed under any type of equipment. When
lifted, the clip opens and the alarm sounds
- Highly visible "stop sign"
design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn
when activated, drawing attention in a
- Tough, ABS construction.
- Two methods of operation--reed switch
activation for cabinets and display cases
and unique clip activation for fire extinguisher
pins and other freestanding equipment.
- Deactivation pin provided for service
by authorized personnel.
- Does not interfere with use of protected
fire fighting equipment.
- 9 VDC alkaline battery is included.
- Compact design 3.37 in. (83mm) in diameter
and 1 in. (25mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to extinguisher or
- Three minute automatic reset upon activation.
- Extremely cost-effective and easy to
- Recommended operations range 32ºF
to 120°F (0°C to 49°C).
- One year guarantee against breakage
of ABS housing and on the electronic components.
- Does not work on Buckeye Fire Extinguishers if Pull Pin Method is used. (See installation guide)